What is it?
Cardiac rehabilitation has evolved in the last decades from a simple control for the safe return to physical activities, to a multidisciplinary approach that focuses on patient education, personalized physical training, risk factor modification and improvement. In general well-being, at the HOPE 360 clinic we strive to help our patients with heart diseases from all these approaches.
Is cardiac rehabilitation safe?
At HOPE 360 Clinic, we know that cardiac rehabilitation programs have become an integral part of the standard of care in modern cardiology, which is why we stay at the forefront of offering our patients care according to the latest care guidelines and under the higher security standards. Offering medical monitoring, real-time ECG and private emergency care, so you can recover with all the confidence you need.
For whom it is?
At HOPE 360 we recommend rehabilitation both for people who suffer from diseases and for those who have risk factors and want to prevent health complications.
Recent research in cardiac rehabilitation has shown that enormous benefits can be derived from the optimal use of cardiac rehabilitation in patients with various cardiovascular diseases. Among these diseases we can mention:
- Ischemic heart disease, responsible for heart attacks.
- Heart failure.
- Post cardiac surgery.
- Peripheral arterial disease.
- Chest pain (angina).
- Angioplasty and stent.
- Heart or lung transplant.
- Heart valve repair or replacement.
- Among many others.
Why cardiac rehabilitation?
Some of the benefits you can get from cardiac rehabilitation are:
- Significant improvement in quality of life and confidence to return to daily life.
- Strengthening your heart and body after a heart attack.
- Relief of symptoms of heart problems, such as chest pain and/or shortness of breath.
- Stress reduction and mood improvement, which prevents depression.
- Prevent future illnesses and deaths from heart disease.
- Studies have found that cardiac rehab reduces the chance of dying in the 5 years after a heart attack or bypass surgery by about 35%.
- Post Heart Attack Rehabilitation
- Post Heart Attack Rehabilitation
At Clinica HOPE we also offer Post Heart Attack Rehabilitation for those patients who require special attention after this shocking experience.
Myocardial infarction is one of the most important causes of mortality and morbidity in the Western world. Since myocardial infarction is a life-threatening event, it is normal for patients and family members to experience anguish and deterioration in quality of life.
At HOPE 360 Health Center we understand its consequences and for this reason we address them in a comprehensive and humane manner, so that you can safely return to your normal life.
After adverse events such as a heart attack, you and your family do not know what to do, with activities at home, work and even sexual activity, this causes what is done to be done with fear and could even be unsafe. For this reason, at HOPE 360 we not only provide accompaniment in the center, but we also provide guidance for their homes and clarify their doubts regarding these and many other issues.
Benefits of exercise/rehabilitation after a heart attack:
- It improves the ability of the muscles and heart to use oxygen from the blood, which reduces the need for the heart to pump more blood to the muscles.
- Reduces stress hormones that can put an extra burden on the heart.
- It works as a beta blocker, similar to medications to lower heart rate and blood pressure.
- Increases high-density lipoprotein (HDL) or “good” cholesterol which helps prevent the incidence of new plaque formations.
- Helps reduce the incidence of cardiac arrhythmias.